Most widely used Clean Agent replacement for Halon 1301 globally
HFC-227 is an extinguishing agent which is used to replace the Halon 1301 in various applications, with highly satisfactory results. It is odorless, colorless, electrically non-conductive and suitable for type A (Solid Fuels) and type B (Liquids Fuels) Fires.
It is an effective extinguishing agent which provides superior fire protection for sensitive electronic equipment such as computer rooms, stations, telecommunications facilities, control rooms, etc.
The minimum concentration for class A fire is 5.8% while the volume concentration applied is 7.5 % (very low concentration compared with other substitutes of Halon 1301).
HFC-227 system requires minimal storage space, compared with other similar alternatives like CO2 and IG (up to 7 times less). Regarding the installation, the extinguishing agent is pressurized with Nitrogen at 24bar and stored in Steel Cylinders with certified. Its low storage pressure (34bar at 50ºC) allows the use of valves conventional pipe and accessories, reducing installation costs.
The expansion of the extinguishing material is safe and quiet. Other gases at high operating pressure, require pipes with higher standards. Furthermore, the expansion of these materials are noisier and could even shift objects near the nozzles.
HFC-227 is an extinguishing agent in compliance of the requirements of ISO 14520, UNE 23572 and NFPA 2001.
– Replacing Halon
– Fast Extinguishing
– High Effective, low concentration of extinguishing material ( 7.5 % )
– Low Storage Pressure (24 bar) and silent discharge
– Requires Minimal Storage Space
– Leaves no Residue after application
– Electric non – conductive
– Zero Ozone Depleting Potential
– ISO 14520, UNE 23572, NFPA 2001 and EPA SNAP listed
– Control Rooms
– Computer Rooms
– Archives, Libraries
– Schools, Telecommunications
– Workshops, Petrochemical Facilities, Museums, Art Exhibitions, etc.